Finance / The Philippines, Manila
An organization’s financial bookkeeping and records are handled by an Accounting Officer. They are responsible for processing invoices as well as recording transactions, payments, and expenses. Additionally, they send out bills and invoices, follow up on past-due payments, and guarantee that a company’s payments and invoices match up accurately by comparing the original document to the company’s records. In order to ensure that the company’s finances are appropriately recorded, Account Officers also collaborate with other functions.
- Keep accounting records in accordance with local legislation, accounting standards, and tax rules.
- Record all transactions based on the company’s documentation daily.
- Accounting control of fixed assets, including calculation of depreciation.
- Responsible for the revenue process, including billing and collection.
- Responsible for the payables process, including invoice processing and payments.
- Reconciliation of the company’s payables/receivables with counter-parties on a regular basis, preparation of customer aging[PS1] report, and report of invoices pending payments.
- Bank statements reconciliation daily.
- Assist in the calculation of payroll taxes, if applicable and if necessary.
- Preparation of local financial statements, and support to the local annual external audit.
- Handle BIR compliance matters such as tax returns filing and BIR assessment and inquiries, as well as SEC and local tax compliance.
- Responsible for the timely preparation and filing of VAT, income tax, withholding tax and other tax returns within the deadlines prescribed.
- Prepare monitoring and reconciliation of tax-related accounts in the books/related schedules against tax returns/reports.
- Handle reports to be submitted to the PEZA and other PEZA compliance matters.
- Preparation of responses to requests and other reports required by the Group, when applicable.
- Monthly inter-company reconciliation within the Group.
- Preparation of withholding tax certificates to suppliers.
- Support of annual audit performed by Group Auditor.
- An accountant holding a relevant degree; CPA license is an advantage Supervisory experience 3 to 5 years of Accounting experience.
- Excellent knowledge of local accounting principles and reporting requirements.
- PEZA compliance experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of the Navision accounting system is a plus.
- A strong command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Good Excel skills.
- Positive and proactive individual, ready to communicate and cooperate with the local management and support.
- Goal driven, a self-starter, and a team player.
- Can work well with multiple demands and deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Flexible with schedule.
- Must be willing to report to work at BGC, Taguig City.
- PHP 35,000-45,000 negotiable.
apply for a job